How we hire
We're happy you're here
Our typical hiring process for students and junior professionals involves the following steps:
- Recorded on-demand video interview (powered by HireVue)
- Live in-person or virtual interviews with Piper Sandler professionals
The hiring process for experienced professionals generally involves a more tailored approach that includes multiple interviews with the team the candidate is applying with.
Be thoughtful on the role you are applying for. We recommend reading through the job description thoroughly and making sure it is a position you are interested in and meets your qualifications.
Take time on your resume. Make sure your formatting and grammar are correct. Highlight your achievements.
We recommend a one-page resume. You will have a chance to speak more to your accomplishments and experiences through an interview process.
Recorded On-Demand Video Interview Tips
- Dress as you would for a live or in-person interview, generally business professional. Check out the people on our careers site if you have questions.
- Take your interview in a quiet space, free from distraction and with good lighting (avoid bright lights behind you). You will need a stable internet connection and a device with a camera and a microphone (computer, tablet or mobile phone). Make sure your battery is sufficiently charged.
- Familiarize yourself with the interview, including video setup and system testing. Practice until you feel comfortable. You will be given time to prepare before each question and at least one chance to re-record your answer if needed.
- Relax and be yourself – we look forward to learning more about you!
General Interview Tips
- Keep your answers clear, concise and relevant to the question.
- If you have access to the position’s job description, review it carefully and try to understand the role and desired experience. How does your background compare to what we are looking for? What experiences or skills do you have that relate to the job requirements?
- Make sure you come prepared with a general understanding of our firm and what we do. You may want to look into what’s recently been in the news about Piper Sandler or follow us on our social media accounts for firm updates.
- Take time to think of some thoughtful questions for live in-person or live virtual interviews so you can learn firsthand about what it’s like to work at Piper Sandler. Your level of interest in the position and the firm is demonstrated by the types of questions you ask.
- If you are interviewing with a particular team, check out the team’s specific website on PiperSandler.com or on LinkedIn.
- Relax. We are impressed by your experience and are looking forward to a great conversation!